July 25, 2011

EP604 skill-building activities

Here are my two ideas for skill-building projects in EP604:
  • Mendeley  I will complete my profile, join some public groups (perhaps?), build and organize my library, and figure out the best way (that works for me) to upload, store, and share annotated PDFs.  If I have time, I would like to compare Mendeley to Zotero, which I used last year on a collaborative lit review about podcasting.  I haven't played with Zotero in a while. I see this project as supporting my personal goal to go paperless this year. See Working with Mendeley and More on Mendeley for my current reflections on this project.
  • Inqscribe  I will use this tool to complete transcription for a study on the use of eBooks during Kindergarten literacy instruction. This project will challenge my skills at reflexivity because the lead investigator on the study has not prescribed a format for the transcripts.  As I teach myself how to create "shortcuts" and "snippets" with Inqscribe, I will also have to use my developing expertise about the transcription process to figure out how to accurately and adequately represent the essence of children's emergent readings. This is crucial, as the data will be interpreted to determine what impact exposure to eBooks had on their developing literacy.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice! And thanks for visiting my blog!